Daily News Reports »

David Sparks Ph.d Emergency Loans
by David Sparks Ph.d, click here for bio

Program: Line on Agriculture
Date: May 03, 2017

Click on the play button to listen to report.

Download Report: Emergency_Loans.mp3

U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Farm Service Agency (FSA) Acting Administrator Chris Beyerhelm today announced that physical loss loans are available for 16 counties in Idaho. Farm operators who have suffered major physical losses caused by blizzard, excessive snow, excessive rain, freeze, flooding, flash flooding and high winds that occurred on Dec. 22, 2016, and continuing, may be eligible for emergency loans.


This Administrator’s Physical Loss Notification has been issued for Adams, Benewah, Blaine, Bonner, Boundary, Butte, Custer, Gooding, Jerome, Kootenai, Lemhi, Lincoln, Payette, Shoshone, Twin Falls and Washington counties as the primary damaged area.


Additionally, 16 Idaho counties are contiguous to this designated disaster area, making these producers also potentially eligible for programs based on this designation. The contiguous counties are: Bingham, Boise, Camas, Canyon, Cassia, Clark, Clearwater, Elmore, Gem, Idaho, Jefferson, Latah, Minidoka, Owyhee, Power and Valley.


The following contiguous counties in surrounding states are also eligible for emergency loans:


Montana:  Beaverhead, Lincoln, Mineral, Ravalli and Sanders counties

Nevada:  Elko County

Oregon:  Baker, Malheur and Wallowa counties

Washington:  Pend Oreille, Spokane and Whitman counties


Emergency loans may be made available to any applicant with a qualifying loss in the counties named above. Approval is limited to applicants who suffered severe physical losses only.


Physical loss loans may be made to eligible farmers and ranchers to repair or replace damaged or destroyed physical property essential to the success of the agriculture operation, including livestock losses. Examples of property commonly affected include essential farm buildings, fixtures to real estate, equipment, livestock, perennial crops, fruit and nut bearing trees, and harvested or stored crops and hay.


Producers in eligible counties have eight months from the date of the declaration to apply for loans for physical losses.


Please contact FSA for more information on loan eligibility and the application process. FSA office information is available at http://offices.usda.gov. Additional FSA disaster assistance program information is available at http://disaster.fsa.usda.gov.


Recent Reports from Line on Agriculture

Click here to see Archived Reports